Your privacy and Drake
At Drake, your privacy is important to us.
The Privacy Act and general law place strict requirements on us to treat any information you
give us as confidential. We give effect to these laws by adhering to the National Privacy
Principles in our dealings with your personal information.
What information we collect
We will only ask you to provide information that is relevant to the particular service that you
We may collect some or all of the following information:
• your name and contact details
• date of birth and residency
• qualifications, work history, resume and application forms
• salary/benefit information and bank account details
• drivers licence number
• information about your hobbies and interests
• details of any dealings you have with us and / or our clients
If you consent, we may also collect sensitive information about you, including, your
membership in a trade union, health information, information from police checks .
It is up to you to choose the information that you give to Drake.
If you choose not to provide Drake with particular information that has been requested, Drake
may not be best placed to provide the service that you have requested.
Why we collect the information
We use highly skilled consultants to provide permanent recruitment services that respond to
the needs of both employers and applicants by helping to place the right person in the right
position. Drake also supplies temporary staffing (contractors) to a wide range of businesses
in many industries (“Clients”).
Drake also provides services such as training, development and e-learning, assessment and
certification, career and organisational development, business technologies and outsourcing.
We use the information we collect to provide these services to Clients, job seekers and
contractors and to provide training programs.
In our permanent recruitment and temporary contracting businesses, the personal information
that we collect from you is used to provide recruitment and contracting services, for example,
by matching applicants or contractors to clients needs.
In our non-recruitment businesses, your personal information is used to enable Drake to
deliver the product or services that you require.
Where we collect the information from
We collect information in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an
application form or a resume;
• by contacting the referees that you have nominated; and
• from Clients to whom services are supplied as part of our contracting business; and
• by searching publicly available information (for example, the internet).
To whom do we regularly disclose personal information?
We will disclose personal information to Clients for the purpose of recruiting you to specific
positions, or for supplying your services to Clients as a contractor.
We may also disclose your personal information to the following parties outside of Drake:
• Drake's agents, contractors (e.g. people who are authorised to administer our computer
systems or to other recruitment suppliers, where we are working on a joint recruitment
project), professional advisers, consultants and representatives;
• you and your referees in making enquiries;
• your financial institution and others relating to your remuneration and benefits;
• government bodies or others as required/authorised by law; and
• Drake's related companies and any companies involved in a corporate or business
restructure by Drake.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you
is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe that there is an error or information is missing please notify our Privacy Officer
and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
We take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information which we no longer require for
any lawful purpose is disposed of in a secure manner or de-identified.
However, some personal records may be held for a specific period of time due to statutory
The security of your information is important to us.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic
and physical form.
Access and correction
You may access your information at any time (subject to some exceptions allowed by law). If
you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Officer.
For security reasons, you may be required to put your request in writing.
Further, you may be charged a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Any questions or concerns?
If you believe that our organisation has breached your privacy rights in any way, or you would like
• Privacy Officer, Drake Australia Pty Ltd GPO Box 298B Melbourne 3001
• Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to satisfy any questions or concerns that you have.
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy
Commissioner’s website privacy.gov.au.